Hunter Ogden Hewitt is a digital marketing specialist in the online media industry.
Hunter is based in Dallas, and currently works for a Fortune 10 company in a B2B digital marketing role.
As a transplant from the world of print media, Hunter stays true to his journalistic background. But he’s also very comfortable with the rapidly growing mobile-first mentality of B2B and B2C digital content creation and marketing.
In addition to being a talented writer, editor, speaker, communicator and listener (a lost art), Hunter’s hands-on experience includes:
- Developing an overall content marketing strategy
- Creating and managing annual and monthly editorial calendars
- Mastering WordPress and other CMSs
- Working daily with HTML5/CSS code
- Collaborating with SMM, SEM and email marketing teams and utilizing best practices
- Writing, editing, publishing and maintaining several articles that are No. 1 Google search results
- Leading and executing paid “Sponsored Content” campaigns.
- Amassing more than 10 million page views on bylined articles, landing pages and websites
- Customizing, coding and scheduling newsletters sent to more than 1 million subscribers
- Crafting social media teasers and graphics that received hundreds of shares and likes on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram
- Managing projects involving visual designers, UX specialists and developers
- Analyzing website metrics and data via Adobe Analytics (previously Omniture Site Catalyst)
- Producing visual content via multimedia editing programs (Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro)
Hunter is a proud graduate of San Diego State University. While playing football for the Aztecs, he studied journalism with hopes of someday finding a career in the writing and editing industry. He earned his degree in journalism with a minor in communication from SDSU.
After graduating, Hunter worked for the San Francisco Chronicle as the University of Cal athletics beat writer. Next, he joined CBS College Sports Network as a content producer. He followed that by becoming the fitness editor for Active.com, a B2C health, fitness and endurance sports content website and event registration company that registers more than 70 million page views per month.
In addition to Active.com and the San Francisco Chronicle, Hunter has produced published works for The Daily Aztec, East County Magazine, GoAztecs.com, Lamorinda Weekly, SportStars Magazine and Mountain West Connection.