- Innovative & strategic B2B & B2C marketer: content, social, email, SEO, advertising, PR
- Talented writer, editor, speaker, communicator & listener
- Well-organized & personable leader & project manager with laser-sharp attention to detail
- Web-savvy #millennial: CMSs, HTML5/CSS, mobile-first design & UX
- Tech-savvy #millennial: Apple, Microsoft Office, Adobe, Final Cut
- Former Division 1 athlete with team-first attitude & proven work ethic
AT&T – Dallas, Texas
Lead Marketing Manager, June 2016 – March 2017
Digital marketing and content strategy for business.att.com
Ciberspring (AT&T) – Dallas, Texas
Digital Marketing Consultant, June 2016 – March 2017
- Provide digital marketing consultancy services to AT&T’s Business Marketing organization
- Act as content manager for AT&T’s Networking Exchange, a B2B content marketing website powered by WordPress.
- Manage a publication workflow involving writers, editors, SEO specialists and attorneys
- Help manage both annual and monthly editorial calendars
- Publish all content; act as the final set of eyes on each piece being pushed live to the site
- Work closely with developers and designers to implement UX improvements
- Submit JIRA tickets to initiate site changes
- Monitor site metrics via Adobe Analytics; provide monthly reports and individual article stats
- Update homepage and topics landing pages by organizing assets and manually coding in WordPress
The Active Network – Dallas, Texas
Online Content Editor, June 2014 – May 2016
- Managed the Fitness channel for ACTIVE.com, a B2C health, fitness and endurance sports content website.
- Planned content distribution by establishing monthly and yearly editorial calendars.
- Managed freelancers by seeking out talent, assigning relevant article ideas, and maintaining monthly budget spreadsheets to process payments.
- Wrote, edited and published articles and media galleries to ACTIVE.com using homegrown content management system (CMS).
- Crafted social media teasers for ACTIVE.com Facebook and Twitter accounts, which have a combined 1 million fans and followers.
- Practiced basic-to-intermediate HTML coding and photo-editing on a daily basis.
- Created and scheduled weekly Insider newsletter sent to more than 1.5 million subscribers.
- Monitored weekly analytic reports (page views, unique visitors, etc.) using Adobe Analytics (Omniture SiteCatalyst) to track progress.
- Helped create and implement ACTIVE.com content strategy.
- Consistent top performer: Improved Fitness channel page views by more than 50% YOY and unique visitors by more than 20% YOY.
- Originally began in San Diego HQ office in June 2014; asked to relocate to newly established Dallas HQ in June 2015.
CBS Interactive – Carlsbad, Calif.
Content Producer, Dec. 2013 – June 2014
- Help manage official athletic sites operated by CBSsports.com College Network
- Create and edit web pages and various graphics; publish articles and photos
- Use HTML/CSS coding, Aptana Studio, File Transfer Protocol and Adobe Photoshop
San Francisco Chronicle – San Francisco, Calif.
Staff Writer, July 2013 – Nov. 2013
- University of California football beat reporter
- Wrote stories (notebooks, features, gamers, enterprise) for print
- Published additional stories daily on SFGate.com blog that received more than 4,000 daily views
- Created podcasts and video features
SportStars Magazine – Concord, Calif.
Contributor, Jan. 2013 – July 2013
- Covered high school sports in the Bay Area
Lamorinda Weekly – Lafayette, Calif.
Sports Reporter, Jan. 2013 – July 2013
- Covered high school sports in the Lafayette, Moraga and Orinda area
- Covered Saint Mary’s College sports
AztecsForLife.com – San Diego, Calif.
Creator, Publisher, Designer, Aug. 2012 – March 2013
- Created and managed blog dedicated to San Diego State football using WordPress
- Wrote stories about past and present players and others associated with the program
- Used Twitter and Facebook page to increase popularity and gain traffic
- Over 55,000 views since launch in August of 2012
GoAztecs.com – San Diego, Calif.
Multimedia Journalist, Aug. 2012 – Dec. 2012
- Interviewer in Aztec Player Profiles, video interviews to learn about players
- Helped film and edit video feature stories on players
East County Magazine – San Diego, Calif.
Contributor, Sports, June 2012 – Aug. 2012
- Wrote stories on sports-related topics in the San Diego area
The Daily Aztec – San Diego, Calif.
Staff Writer, May 2011 – June 2012
- SDSU women’s lacrosse team beat writer, covered games on deadline
- Contributed other sports-related stories
San Diego State University – San Diego, Calif.
B.A. in journalism, minor in communication, Overall GPA: 3.2
- Member of Football Team
- SDSU Scholar-Athlete (4x)
- Mountain West Conference All-Academic Team Honoree: (2009)
- SDSU Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) board member
- Member of Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) – San Diego State Chapter
Acalanes High School – Lafayette, Calif.
High School Diploma, Overall GPA: 3.7
- Member of Basketball & Football Teams: (2004-2008)
- Basketball & Football Team Captain: (2007-2008)
- Scholar Athlete: (2004-2008)